aHa!2Way XLS Add-In
The aHa!2WayXLS add-in for project planning is an effective method to export your project and task information from Mindjet® MindManager to Microsoft ®Excel while maintaining its hierarchical structure and visualizing your project in the form of a Gantt chart. Using a two-way link between Microsoft® Excel and Mindjet® MindManager a user can fine-tune the planning in one session in Microsoft® Excel and synchronize the changes with Mindjet® Mindmanager. There is no need for any additional software if the user has a Microsoft® Excel and a Mindjet® MindManager license.
Whom is it for?
This product is designed for all MindManager users who work with Excel or whose co-workers work with Excel and quickly want to generate and distribute an Excel Gantt chart with task lists and a resource planning from their project, program dashboard, meeting or brainstorm in a simple and visual way.
Mathieu van der Wal – Manager add-in development and Lead Programmer aHa!Web.
How to Get Started
The aHa!2WayXLS add-in for project planning:
- Automatically generates a list in a project overview in Microsoft® Excel of all the milestones and tasks including start dates, end dates, duration, progress, priorities and resources.
- This list follows the hierarchical structure of your MindManager map.
- Generates a Gantt chart which visualizes the tasks and resources in a timeline. Changes in the Gantt will be automatically synchronized with your mind map and vice versa.
- Generates an interactive timesheets for each resource, with a unique color identifier for each resource throughout the Excel sheet.
- Converts the notes of the topics in the map to ‘cell comments’ in Microsoft® Excel.
- Lets users manipulate start dates and end dates of the project as a whole or for every individual milestone or task simply by clicking arrow buttons in front of the bars in the Gantt chart.
- Can synchronize the changes made in the map or excel sheet and vice versa in one planning session. In the next session you start with the mind map.
- It works with MM6, 7, 8 and is ideal for MindManager9 users who want to communicate (email and print) using Excel sheets.
Paul Mulders – Project Manager, ING Bank.